MISSISSIPPI: Southern Charm of The Natchez Trace, April 6 – 14, 2018 ($2195)
Experience the southern charm of southwestern-central Mississippi riding the Natchez Trace Parkway and rural roads in the vicinity of the Trace. The Trace has long been a vital conduit for Southern Pride and offers outstanding cycling opportunities.We will experience 165 miles of this paradise for cyclists known as the Natchez Trace; a two-lined paved roadway through the most beautiful parts of Mississippi including Ridgeland, Port Gibson, and Natchez. We will cycle another 120 miles off Trace as we experience the communities that gave rise to the enduring charm of Southern hospitality, including Ridgeland, Vicksburg and Rocky Springs. You’ll enjoy the authentic cuisine of the region and the unique culture of the American South. The area is also a favorite of both US Civil War and antebellum home enthusiasts with an abundance of history from the early days of Native American and European influences along the Trace and Mississippi River.
Whether you are a new or veteran cyclist, this region and tour is ideal for you. Our fully supported tour can make this ride your ride.
- Welcome reception and orientation
- 9 nights in Hotels or a Southern Bed and Breakfast
- 25 meals – 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 9 dinners
- Full Van Support along with 2 BIKEternity trip leaders
- Daily route directions and maps, including GPX files for your GPS
Sightseeing and cultural activities include:
- Sante’ South Wine/Food Festival
- Guided bicycle tour of the Vicksburg National Military Park
- Walking tour of Vicksburg
- Tour of the USS Cairo Museum
- Visits to Windsor Ruins and Alcorn University
- Guided tours of three antebellum homes in Natchez
- Southern Road to Freedom Educational Choir Concert
What to Expect:
The Natchez Trace is known for its flatter terrain. The areas around Vicksburg and Port Gibson are dotted with rolling hills, especially inside the Vicksburg National Military Park. Daily mileages range from 20 – 63 miles, with shorter options available. Bike rentals are available. Temperatures in the area range from the low 50’s in the evening to the upper 70’s during the day.
Price: $2195.00 per person, double occupancy.
Airfare is not included in the cost of the tour. Travel to and from our start point is the responsibility of each individual.